Why have you decided to have Transat deliver AIR MILES® Package Vacation and Cruise (PVC) bookings?
We are always looking for ways to evolve and expand the rewards options for Collectors. This expanded relationship with Transat now provides more travel options, more ways to book, and more Miles to Collectors making PVC bookings. You will now have access to greater benefits, including: Expanded travel options
- Through Transat Distribution Canada¿s travel agency network, you will be able to use your Miles for more travel destinations and at more Travel Partners than ever before, including Collette, Encore Cruises TravelBrands, AmaWaterways, Tours Chanteclerc and many more.
- You will now be able to redeem exclusively online for Marlin Travel, Club Voyages, Transat Travel, TripCentral Atlantic Canada and TravelPlus eVouchers (using Cash Miles) and physical Certificates (available in $100 denominations using Dream Miles). These can be used towards PVC travel bookings with participating preferred partners through any of Transat Distribution's 286 participating travel agency locations across Canada or through the TDC call centre.
- To make it easier and faster to receive the physical Dream Certificates, we will be shipping certificates within 72 business hours from redemption, at no cost to the Collector.
- In 2018, together with Transat Distribution Canada, we will be introducing a new PVC website, enabling you to use your Miles immediately for PVC bookings online, 24/7 with participating partners.
- Now, you get 1 Mile for every $20 spent (versus 1 Mile for $35) on any PVC booking with a participating Transat Distribution travel agency. This includes any additional Cash portion spent on the PVC booking, beyond the certificate value.
How do I book Package Vacation and Cruise (PVC) through Transat?
Making a PVC booking through Transat couldn't be easier! You will now be able to redeem exclusively online for Marlin Travel, Club Voyages, Transat Travel, TripCentral Atlantic Canada and TravelPlus eVouchers (using Cash Miles) and physical Certificates (available in $100 denominations using Dream Miles). These can be used towards PVC travel bookings with participating preferred partners through any of Transat Distribution's 286 participating travel agency locations across Canada or through the TDC call centre.
Can I collect Miles on my Package Vacation and Cruise (PVC) bookings through Transat? If so, how?
What determines the number of Miles needed for a flight?
The mileage portion of your flight covers the base fare for your route, as well as the fuel surcharge that may apply (for flights within Canada and to the US, Mexico, and the Caribbean). All additional charges, taxes, and fees (including fuel surcharge on international routes), are payable by cash.
The number of Miles needed also depends on whether it's a Regular Flight Reward or Additional Flight Reward.
What is the difference between Regular Flight Rewards and Additional Flight Rewards?
Regular Flight Rewards are our standard offer: fixed mileage by zone and season on any of our Partner airlines. These are limited in quantity and availability, but do also qualify for periodic flight specials (such as for Gold and Onyx Collectors).
Additional Flight Rewards are additional seats offered when Regular Flight Rewards seats are unavailable . These are priced according to the current fare provided by airlines, and fluctuate depending on the airline, route, date, and time. We introduced this in 2014 as a way of providing as many options to our Collectors as possible, including the ability to book with non-partner airlines.
Our website displays all of our flight availability and our Customer Care specialists do not have access to any additional Flight Rewards.
For more information on using your Miles for travel - Click here
Why can't I seem to find anything under Regular Flight Rewards?
As Regular Flight Rewards are limited in quantity, popular destinations and popular times can sell out very quickly. We continue to offer as many Regular Flight Rewards as we have in the past. To ensure we give you as many options as possible, we've introduced Additional Flight Rewards.
How do I make a special request for my Car/Hotel booking; like a car seat or room upgrade?
For car rental bookings, please contact the rental depot directly. You will find the phone number under contact information on your itinerary.
For Hotel bookings, please contact the specific hotel directly. Please note that some specific properties may not have your reservation in their system until 24 hours before your arrival. You may need to wait until then to make the request. Special requests for same-day reservations may need to be completed at the time of check in.
Are the number of Regular Flight Reward seats decreasing?
No. Collectors continue to have access to the same number of seats provided by our partner airlines. Historically, when AIR MILES seats were unavailable you would get a message to try another day or route. Now we can offer you Additional Flight Rewards. But there has been no change to what we offer in the Regular Flight Rewards. For more information on using your Miles for travel, click here.